Richmond Virginia Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
With over 16 years of experience practicing medicine, Gregory Lynam, M.D. at RVA Health and Wellness is a Richmond Virginia Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor that utilizes Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to supplement deficient hormones in men and women and correct imbalances. As an Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine specialist, Doctor Lynam’s mission is to provide the most up to date, evidenced-based practice for the new and growing specialty of hormone optimization. He uses evidence-based medicine to optimize patient’s hormones and to improve the symptoms of menopause and andropause. Taking a patient centered approach, his philosophy is that the keystone to proper medical care is an open and trusting doctor and patient relationship. Gregory Lynam, M.D. has treated thousands of patients for medical conditions and has become passionate about optimizing hormones. Doctor Lynam has been a patient himself for several years. Treating thousands of men and women with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Doctor Lynam’s patients in Richmond, Virginia have been able to increase their quality of life with his expert treatment plans.
What Makes the Med Spa Experience Different
If you aren’t familiar with a medical spa, think of it as a combination between a traditional medical clinic and a day spa. While a medical spa offers many more clinical services than any day spa would, we at RVA Health and Wellness desire to provide a wide range of treatment options in a relaxing atmosphere and safe atmosphere like that of a day spa. One quote that people often use to describe a medical spa is “a place where luxury and medicine meet in the middle.”
RVA Health and Wellness operates under the supervision of skilled Richmond, Virginia Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor, Gregory Lynam, M.D., a medical professional who believes in a patient-centered approach to healthcare. This means you can expect to be treated as a real person with real physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs. At, RVA Health and Wellness, we offer a wide array of services to help our clients look and feel their best. We understand that discussing medical and aesthetic concerns can be a very personal and intimate experience, and who better to trust with that sensitive information than a practicing physician who understands all of your medical needs and concerns. Whether you are interested in aesthetics, anti-aging therapies, skin rejuvenation or hormone optimization with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Gregory Lynam, M.D., and the entire staff of RVA Health and Wellness can help. To provide our patients with a large selection of treatments and therapies to help them look and feel their best, RVA Health and Wellness in Richmond, Virginia offers the following services:
- Hormone Optimization: Whether as a natural side effect of aging, or as a result of physical or environmental factors, hormones that are out of balance can cause a myriad of undesirable side effects. Determining the cause of these hormone related conditions and identifying and effective Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to restore optimal hormone balance is one of Doctor Lynam’s areas of expertise.
- Medical Aesthetics: Like many of your peers, you are probably starting to see some of the physical effects of aging. Perhaps there are dark circles under your eyes that didn’t used to be there or extra folds under your chin even though you haven’t gained any weight. RVA Health and Wellness in Richmond, Virginia provides patients with numerous options for addressing these problems so they can look as good on the outside as they feel on the inside. Some of our most popular medical aesthetic procedures include dermal fillers, eyebrow lifts, and facial contouring.
- Laser Treatments: Both patients and doctors alike prefer the use of a laser for minor procedures. Some of the services we use a laser for at RVA Health and Wellness include removal of unwanted body hair and sun spots in addition to skin tightening and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Laser therapy is also effective in removal of spider or varicose veins. These are tiny red, blue, or purple veins that appear very close to the skin’s surface. While many of our patients want to remove spider veins because they find them unattractive, there are also good medical reasons to do so. This problem tends to get worse over time and may eventually cause severe pain and swelling.
- Surgical Treatments: At RVA Health and Wellness, we understand the tremendous value that improving your appearance can have on your overall wellbeing. Examples of some of the other surgical treatments that we offer include rhinoplastys, breast implants, breast reductions, face-lifts, and eyelid lifts.
Bioidentical Hormones as Part of our Integrative Medicine Focus
Because aging is not a disease, doctors in the field of traditional medicine don’t know what to do when their patients complain of multiple symptoms of hormone imbalance as a result of the aging process. For women who are experiencing perimenopause, which is the stage of life leading up to menopause that may last several years, the resulting hormonal imbalance can cause problems in many areas of life. While every woman who visits RVA Health and Wellness has different symptoms and needs, the following issues are most prevalent in middle-aged females:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Rapid mood swings
- Decreased interest in sex
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight gain
Men don’t fare much better when it comes to dealing with the effects of hormonal imbalance. In the decade before he turns 40, the average American man loses up to 10 percent of his testosterone hormones. This can result in symptoms like erectile dysfunction, osteoporosis, and many similar symptoms experienced by women in menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats. What many doctors who practice a disease model fail to realize is that most or all of these issues are traceable to hormones and can be treated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Getting Started With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
Gregory Lynam, M.D. will check all major hormone levels, and he will take the patient’s personal goals, stress levels, and health conditions into consideration when designing a personalized treatment plan. Gregory Lynam, M.D. offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy prescriptions in several convenient methods, which include patches, pills, creams, gels, injections, pellets, suppositories, and prescriptions can be tailored to match patient’s preferred method of administration. Upon beginning a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program, Gregory Lynam, M.D. will provide continued support through access to a patient care coordinator and an N.P. that specializes in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Since RVA Health and Wellness is a concierge level practice, Doctor Lynam is always available through email or telephone. Patients will be tested monthly until optimization is achieved with periodic testing on a yearly basis once symptoms have been treated adequately.
To learn more about obtaining a specialized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program, contact Richmond, Virginia Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctor, Gregory Lynam, M.D. at RVA Health and Wellness today to schedule a consultation!